Started from a Birthday Greetings

7:22:00 PM

It was start from “Happy Birthday” greeting that unintentionally I said to him which was the way to open our journey.




Initially, I accidentally saw in an email blast from HRD staff that this person was celebrated his birthday on November 29th, 2016. Because I did not have the media to contact this person, I thought that it would be shame if I wasn’t wish him Happy Birthday.

But recently, I remembered that we became a friends on Facebook. So, I made an initiative to wish him Happy Birthday via Facebook Messenger.

Simple and clear, it became the beginning of our accidentally meeting. Me and him often met in the office, but seldom to greet each other. FYI, I knew him a lot from my team member, she always talked about him since they are often to work together.



In short, we became close to each other through chatting that we intertwine via Facebook Messenger. Indeed, the frequency of our replies was so long because we rarely to open our messenger. At that some point, he asked me to move to other platform which is Whats App that easier to use.

Two weeks before year end, I decided to go hangout with him (only two us) because other colleagues couldn’t join. We end up ate Wingstop and had a professional deep conversation at Starbucks.




When we add our Path account, I considered a lot about him. I made the assumption that he is a playboy that always give the fake hope into every girls. In the first, I didn’t want to reply chat from him and want to refuse that kind of deep relationship with him.

As time goes by, I realized that he is a very kind person, religious and friendly. So, I didn’t know if my decision was right or wrong and have to take a risk for every decision I made.

It’s been two month since we were close and have a hangout routine after office (watch movie together)  and I felt some kind of joy in my heart but I have to remind myself that I can’t be overjoy since I was afraid that he will dump me.





Surprisingly, he introduced me with his friends and cousin. We talked a lot and I felt so happiness. Until one day, he talked seriously about our future (because actually we had different religion) and he very opened about himself (from the characteristic and habits). I felt kind a shocked until I couldn’t say anything because I was speechless.

I thought a lot about those concern, kind a like if he really loved me and can accept everything about my flaw? Is he really the one?  *Ohh, just thought about that made me feel sick.




February 26th, 2017 became our real journey to face happiness and sadness in life. This journey might be bored sometimes, but I wish that we can face our struggling in our daily life with the best solution ever without hurt each other.

I hope that we have the same vision and plan together to make it realize. I know sometimes its hard, but when we face it together it will be easier.

"I know we are not perfect
I know we have different characteristic
I know we have different taste of music
I know we have bad habits
I know sometimes we have different point of view
I know we have different lifestyles
..
But, one thing that I know
..
We have the same feelings for each other
..
Sorry for not being romantic."




For someone out there,
With Love,

Laurensia Octavia

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Share on Facebook

Subscribe